A SIMPLE SPACE by Gravity & Other Myths
- Photo by: Chris Herzfeld
“Cirque du Soleil with a fistful of grit” - Express UK
“Mind blowing physical theatre.” - Talk Fringe, Edinburgh Fringe Festival
“Stripped back and raw…an awe inspiring display of strength, skill and creativity.” - Adelaide Advertiser
“This is circus in the 21st Century” - Lip Mag
“A total triumph!” - The Guardian
Premiered with short formats at Adelaide Fringe 2013 and Edinburgh Fringe 2013, the low-fi but high skill production, A Simple Space, is a worldwide sensation that leaves audience standing and a formidable string of 5-star reviews in its wake.
A Simple Space has toured to 14 countries on six continents, wowing audiences with a universal physical language and joyful energy and comes to George Town Festival as a Southeast Asian premiere.
“Falling!” can be heard from the top of a single-human-tower before trust weighs completely down to rest. Bodies are presented to be light as a feather when tossed from a grip onto another; the elasticity through the performers’ veins could be questioned from the amount of body twisting, weaving and climbing to shape human structures.
Seven acrobats push their physical limits without reserve; this performance is simultaneously raw, frantic and delicate. Supported by driving live percussion and presented so intimately that you can feel the heat, hear every breath, and be immersed in every moment.
A Simple Space evokes real responses in audiences, something visceral rather than cerebral. Instead of fine-tuning the performance with makeup, lighting and contrived theatrical overlay, the cast has deliberately gone the opposite way. The audience is brought in close to surround the stripped back stage. In that space the acrobats are pushed to the physical limit, breaking down their usual guards and introducing the reality of failure and weakness. With nothing left to hide behind personal narratives come through naturally. This honesty is the essence behind A Simple Space.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird Price
(24 May - 23 June 2017)
Child (5 - 12 years),
|STUDENT||RM 25||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|GALLERY||RM 65||RM 46||RM 33|
|STAGE SIDE||RM 100||RM 70||RM 50|
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 5 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy
- Latecomers will not be seated once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Subject to 6% GST and credit card charges.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM5.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 2 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.