GALA by Jerome Bel
- Photo by: Josefina Tommasi, Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires (Argentina, August 2015)
Where is the art in dance when it includes no hint of individuality? Where is the art in dance when the rawness and sincere emotion fails to shine through the movements of one’s body? A usual dance stage would fill its floor with a wide range of styles, flawless techniques and yearlong experiences. But what happens when you put together ordinary people with the same passion – to dance?
Varying from different generations, backgrounds and life-stories, twenty ordinary people take the stage – whether they are professionals, first timers or simply the type to let loose; changing the expectations of the public and instead, embraces the art of dance, or much rather, the art of trying to dance, on a different take.
French choreographer Jérôme Bel introduces Gala – showcasing unique and exclusive hand-picked George Town individuals taking turns in executing different styles and genre of dances; allowing the audience to be a part of the imaginative world the performers slip into whilst on stage.
“Funny, moving and entertaining. An outrageously entertaining show” - The Times
"It bears the stamp of Bel's special genius, both in eliciting so much for his performers' trust and in winning over his audience" - The Guardian, 2016
“Gala places the audience's expectations in the foreground, blurring the boundary between failure and success in the show, suggesting that the theater is a community, both on and off stage. It is a tour de force, fiercely entertaining and deeply radical”. - Roslyn Sulcas, The New York Times, May 13, 2015
“Funny, moving and entertaining. An outrageously entertaining show.” - The Times
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird Price
(24 May - 23 June 2017)
Child (5 - 12 years),
|STUDENT||RM 25||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|FLOOR 1||RM 65||RM 46||RM 33|
|FLOOR 2||RM 85||RM 60||RM 43|
|GALLERY||RM 125||RM 88||RM 63|
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 5 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy
- Latecomers will not be seated once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Subject to 6% GST and credit card charges.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM5.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 2 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.