“Marvellous theatre that’s a real feast for all the senses.”
- David Mead, Seeing Dance, Taipei International Arts Festival
“Land and struggles over resources are often at the heart of human conflicts, so why should gods be any different? Playwright Lee Yi-hsiu has created a fable about two clans of gods battling over a very special garden.”
- Diane Baker, Taipei Times
“The drama features Nanguan and Beiguan music mixed with Rap and R&B, and integrated with poetry , puppetry and rutual dance.”
- Maggie Huang, Taiwan News
Isle of Dreams is a mythological musical theatre piece featuring Nanguan and Beiguan music integrating with poetry, puppetry and ritual dance in the performance.
The story is about the world going to an end because of greed, desire, power and uneven distribution of resources. Who can save the world? Only the conscience might.
It marks the second episode of the revolutionary mythological trilogy by LEE Yi-Hsiu, the playwright-director of La Cie MaxMind.
The characters and their design in the performance are inspired by the Classic of Mountains and Seas. However, they are changed and re-developed in order to reimagine and construct new myths that portray modern issues, such as the conflicts between individuals and communities, the clashes between nation and class.The contemporary reinvention of ‘traditional nanguan and beiguan music’ lies at the heart of this series of mythology musicals.
The four innovative features of the performance include an original mythology, Nanguan and Beiguan music and ambient music, the use of puppetry and masks, and the invention of a mythological language.
A Southeast Asian premiere.
Isle of Dreams is a part of Isle to Isle, a collaboration between George Town Festival and the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia [TECO], running 12-19 August, 2018
English (subtitles), Chinese (subtitles)
- Performance: 2 hours
Select your show pass
|Category||Standard||Family of 4 (Please select 4 tickets )||Early Bird (Ends July 9)||Senior Citizens, Children (6-12) & OKU||Seating Map|
|Floor 1||RM 65.00||N/A||RM 46.00||RM 33.00|
|Floor 2||RM 85.00||N/A||RM 60.00||RM 43.00|
|Gallery||RM 125.00||RM 257.60||RM 88.00||RM 63.00|
|VIP||By Invitation Only|
Event Terms & Conditions
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 6 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy:
- Latecomers will be refused entry once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording are allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM30.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Online ticket selling will close 1 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.