25th August 2018
Potato Head Beach Club, Bali View Map
Saturday, 25 August (4.00 pm - 2.00am)
Vice x Potato Head: Kamasi Washington
As part of our biannual collaboration with cutting-edge media platform Vice—which, last April took the shape of a heady weekend banger with the illustrious DJ Harvey—we’ve teamed up once again to bring you an energetic live-act affair. Heading to PHBC this August is one of the most exciting acts on tour this year: Kamasi Washington and his 12-piece band! In addition to his own musical support, Kamasi will be joined by a range of highly accomplished local talent, details of which to be announced soon. The show is guaranteed to be utterly jazztastic with a whole lot of heartfelt funk, so watch this space!
LA-born musician Kamasi Washington is primarily known as a jazz saxophonist, but he’s so much more. He takes contemporary improvisational jazz to the next level by mixing trip-hop, funk, latin, hip-hop, R&B and classical into a big-band format complete with horns, strings, drums and a medley of other musical odds and ends. Kamasi has collaborated with John Legend, Run the Jewels, Ibeyi—but perhaps most notable is his work on Kendrick Lamar’s last two albums, “To Pimp a Butterfly” and “Damn,” infusing each with a jazzy element that contrasts perfectly with Lamar’s gruff tone. He recently rocked the crowd at the infamous desert festival Coachella, adding to a roster of captivating performances on the main stages of Glastonbury, Bonnaroo, Primavera and Fuji Rock. His two studio releases, “The Epic” and “Heaven and Earth” have earned him critical acclaim far beyond the world of jazz.
Kamasi Washington is at Potato Head Beach Club on Saturday, 25 August 2018 from 7pm-late. Pre-sale tix FDC 250K.
|PRE-SALE||IDR 250,000 / RM 77.00||includes one drink|
- Prices shown exclude RM8.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and 3% Credit card fee.
- All ticket prices will be paid in Malaysian Ringgit. Indonesian Rupiah prices are shown for reference purposes only.
- Prices quoted in IDR may differ due to currency fluctuations.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM10.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 1 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.