George Town Festival proudly presents the festival opening show KELANTAN: A Living Heritage – a show celebrating Kelantan, an ancient and traditional cultural stronghold, sometimes known as the ‘Cradle of Malay Culture’. With KELANTAN, GTF will celebrate and honour its unique and ethereal tapestry woven through its captivating art forms.
The spectacle of KELANTAN will feature Rebana Ubi, the gigantic traditional drums, Asyik, a royal court dance, a taste of Mak Yong, a contemporary dance piece Dikir, choreographed by Raziman Sarbini and Dikir Barat, the lively and mesmerising display of a group singing in moving trance, Wayang Kulit, a type of traditional shadow puppet, and the splendour of Songket.
The show will feature New York-based dancer and choreographer Raziman Sarbini with dancers from ASK Dance Company, prima donna of Mak Yong, Zamzuriah Zahari, award winning Dikir Barat group Sunang Detaga Arjunasukma with Tukang Karut Muslih Sang Saka and Kamal Sabran, the celebrated specialist in experimental music and founder of Space Gambus Experiment. The performance is created in collaboration with the ASK Dance Company, the National Arts Culture And Heritage Academy (ASWARA), and the National Department For Culture And Arts (JKKN).
Get ready for a spellbinding experience with KELANTAN.
More information is coming soon!
75 minutes (no intermission)
Select your tickets
|Category||Normal||Early Bird||Senior Citizens, Children (6-12) & OKU||Seating Map|
|Floor 1||RM 65.00||RM 46.00||RM 33.00|
|Floor 2||RM 85.00||RM 60.00||RM 43.00|
|Gallery||RM 125.00||RM 88.00||RM 63.00|
|VIP||By Invitation Only|
Event Terms & Conditions
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 6 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy:
- Latecomers will be refused entry once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording are allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM30.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Online ticket selling will close 1 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.