THE MANGANIYAR CLASSROOM By Roysten Abel
From the creator of the international sensation The Manganiyar Seduction, acclaimed theatre director Roysten Abel brings to Penang, Malaysia, the Asian premiere of The Manganiyar Classroom.
35 Manganiyar village children as young as eight, spontaneously sing and dance their boredom away, taunting and rebelling against their teachers. Watching the children’s buoyant performance will get the audiences reminiscing about their schooling days.
Its performance at the Melbourne Recital Centre, has been described as another exuberant and uplifting music-theatre experience to shine a spotlight on the Manganiyar musical tradition. This time the younger members of this tribal community are the stars of the high energy show.
Roysten Abel is known for the combination of theatre and folk music in his works. His shows are more than to just entertain, but also to raise awareness on the folk legacy’s verge on extinction because of India’s rapid modernisation.
A must-watch this year, particularly if you enjoyed The Manganiyar Seduction in GTF 2012 and The Kitchen in GTF 2014.
‘This one will stay with us for a long time … yet another genius production.’ - Rolling Stone India
‘The Manganiyar kids stun you with their talent.’ - The Hindu
“They sing with wings,” - The Hindu
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird Price
(23 May - 23 June 2017)
Child (5 - 12 years),
|STUDENT||RM 25||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|FLOOR 1||RM 65||RM 46||RM 33|
|FLOOR 2||RM 85||RM 60||RM 43|
|GALLERY||RM 125||RM 88||RM 63|
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 5 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy
- Latecomers will not be seated once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Subject to 6% GST and credit card charges.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM5.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 2 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.