LIGHT - A Staged Reading
Drugs, guns, love, war, freedom, racism and free market capitalism. The theft of Penang, birth of Adelaide, and the rise of the British Empire.
In 1786, Francis Light claimed the island of Penang property of the British. 50 years later his son, William, laid out the city of Adelaide. In the midst of all this, William’s mother vanished.
LIGHT - A Staged Reading, a cross cultural collaboration between director/writer Thomas Henning (Australia) and TerryandTheCuz (Malaysia), is the phenomenal story of two generations of adventures and how the irreversible impact of their actions, continue to resonate today. One family, crushed between East and West, struggles for identity as history is slowly colonised.
LIGHT - A Staged Reading questions the way in which our collective past is remembered, and how it perpetuates systemic prejudice today.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 50||RM 40|
|Concession||RM 35||RM 28|
|Group of 4||RM 150|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
- Admission age limit 18 years and above.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 18 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.