Teater Normcore: Double Bill
Teater Normcore is a series of seemingly normal stage plays by Malaysian novelist and playwright Ridhwan Saidi. The first critically acclaimed staging of Teater Normcore was a double bill of two one-act plays: Tiada Cinta Selama Muda (No Love for the Young) and Matinya Seorang Birokrat (Death of a Bureaucrat). The second installment titled Stereo Genmai is a favourite of the audience as well.
Ridhwan’s works are soul-stirring, visceral yet hilarious, bringing the audience on an engaging theatrical adventure. This year at George Town Festival, Ensembel Teater Kaos Nol presents Teater Normcore: Double Bill with Matinya Seorang Birokrat (Death of a Bureaucrat) and Retak Menanti Belah (Cracking, Splitting).
Death occurs but will it touch on a spiritual level? Matinya Seorang Birokrat (Death of a Bureaucrat) is an enlightening comedy on the misunderstanding between an actor and a visiting bureaucrat whilst Ridhwan’s brand new play, Retak Menanti Belah (Cracking, Splitting) is an existential conversation between two separating sides of a wall named Retak and Belah.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 40||RM 32|
|Concession||RM 25||RM 20|
|Group of 4||RM 120|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 12 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.