THE ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Naohiko Umewaka, a grand master of the Japanese traditional Noh theatre, teams up with the innovative performer and choreographer, Aida Redza, to present a new production of The Italian Restaurant, an existential Noh, written and directed by Umewaka. The story emerges from a chance meeting of a woman and a man in a restaurant. Destinies are forged and hearts are entwined. The play makes use of symbolism and metaphors –using the golden Noh mask, yakan – to create the tranquil and yet chaotic forward momentum of the story. The performance presents the life of a man who is forced to live between non-fiction and fiction – the interplay across boundaries. Featuring Chee Sek Thim, Hardy Shafii and Mislina Mustaffa.
“In The Italian Restaurant, the ghost, for lack of a better term, had more life than a man. Noh came alive.”– Tito Genova Valiente, Philippine Daily Inquirer.
“The drama (of all present-day life caught by the machinery of society) is in blood... Death is always down the road! Master Umewaka no doubt has a keen sense for refinement, traditions, mockery, ceremony and detail.”– Edgar Davidian, L’Orient-Le Jour.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird Price
(29 May - 28 June 2017)
|Senior Citizen &
|Student||RM 25||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Category 1||RM 65||RM 46||RM 33|
|Category 2||RM 75||RM 53||RM 38|
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Out of consideration for both the audience and artists, children under the age of 5 are not allowed admission.
Late Seating Policy
- Latecomers will not be seated once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Subject to 6% GST and credit card charges.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM5.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 2 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.