01 Maestro Ilaiyaraaja Live in KL
A full orchestra members alongside Indian music industry veterans — Ilaiyaraaja's anticipated concert on 20th February promises to recreate nearly five decades worth of musical memories in one night.
The Kuala Lumpur concert that needs no special name, will also mark a restored friendship between the Isaignani and singer SP Balasubrahmanyam, following their widely discussed rift in 2017.
Raaja's 76th birthday concert in India last year brought together SPB and Raaja for the first time in two years. Come March, Kuala Lumpur will experience this renewed synergy for the first time on our shores. Maybe, there will be a story to go with it. A story you can tell your children and grandchildren for years to come.
Organised by veteran concert organiser, Mojo Projects Sdn Bhd, with the MITEC (Malaysian International Trade & Exhibition Centre) playing host, the four-hour-long live musical extravaganza is expected to see a crowd of over 10,000 spectators.
Ilaiyaraaja, a critically acclaimed Indian film composer, singer, and lyricist and the first Asian Composer to score a Symphony, is credited with setting a trend for film music in South India by fusing western musical nuances into songs. Apart from Tamil, he has also worked in Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi films as a music director.
Uniformly, the music of Ilaiyaraaja has cast a spell on every listener. The enchantment is so powerful that each of us try to make meaning of his music. In a career spanning over four decades, Raaja has scored music for over 1,000 feature films. Altogether, he has composed 6,500 to 7,000 songs, and has bagged five National Awards.
Ilaiyaraaja is a composer of great appeal and musicianship; his creative energies shine with youthful vigour even after all these years. From the flamboyant to the traditional, the songs remain evergreen. Ilaiyaraaja's songs not only has music, it has story, costumes, and orchestra. His theatre is more than art itself.
Get your tickets to Maestro Ilaiyaraaja Live in Kuala Lumpur at www.airasiaredtix.com or contact 012-2000505 for ticketing details.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here is an overview of the frequently asked questions about this event. If you have any queries that you don’t see below then please get in touch via chat. Just click the red message icon in the bottom right hand corner of this page.
Will tickets purchased for the show on be valid for the rescheduled dates?
What are the contact details for ticketing enquiry?
Can I buy tickets at the venue on the show day?
Are children allowed to the concert?
How many tickets can I purchase per transaction?
Can I still choose my preferred seat at the VIP & MIP Zone?
What payment option available to purchase the tickets?
Only online purchases and you may use Credit / Debit Card to purchase the tickets. For debit card (Visa/MasterCard), kindly ensure:
(a) Sufficient funds in your debit card account.
(b) Daily limit is set above the price of the total tickets you intend to purchase.
(c) Enabled for online transactions.
● Ticket prices shown not inclusive of RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix Ticket Fee
● Booking fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
● Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
● All information is correct at time of publishing but may be subject to change without prior notice.
Do I get discount or special offer?
Can we refund the tickets if we unable to make it for the re-scheduled show?
Those who are unable to attend the show on re-scheduled date will have the option of getting their tickets refunded. Refunds will take place at your point of purchase.
- Refund Period: All the ticketing refund request will be closed on 22nd June 2020 (at 11:59pm). Refund request after the stipulated refund period will not be accepted
- The Bank or Credit Issuer refund process to credit back to the original mode of payment may take up to 30 working days
- Once a refund is done, your seats will be released and if you were to re-purchase a ticket, you will not be able to get the same seats.
- Also, re-purchasing tickets will be at the new listed pricing, not at the promo pricing you purchased at.
Are the tickets transferable to another person?
What if the re-scheduled show is postponed once again or cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions (mass gathering) or any other circumstances beyond reasonable control?
Will I be reimbursed for any travel or accommodation I have paid for?
What precautions are being taken at your venues regarding social distancing and mass gathering?
Do you have Wheelchair Accessible Seats or Zone?
What is the admission process at the venue? Do you have a priority line for pregnant women and old people?
What time shall I be at the venue on show day?
What can I bring into the concert venue?
- Generally, spectators are not allowed to bring in (a) potentially dangerous items such as a pointed umbrella, selfie stick, helmet etc. that could potentially hurt you or another concert-goer (b) illegal items like weapons and drugs (c) Distraction Items like laser pens, bullhorns, noisemakers. Recording devices, cigarettes, vapes and alcohol are also prohibited into the concert venue. Be sure to leave your fancy or professional cameras (with external flash), tripods, drones, and techy stuffs such as computer tablet at home too.
- Nevertheless, different venues/shows all have different rules on what you can bring in and in the event a band or Performer has their own preferences or rules, we always act in favour of the Artist. Therefore, it is important to do your research in advance. We advise you to check on event website and/or social media beforehand or contact us ahead to confirm what items are permitted.
- If you absolutely need to bring things into the venue (phone, medication, merchandise, keys, etc.), it's a good idea to bring a small purse or fanny-pack (which are so in style right now) to the show. And to minimize lost or damaged items, it is best to keep your most beloved items safely.
- Note: All information is correct at time of publishing but may subject to change without prior notice. The organiser reserves the right to amend the above information without prior notice. In the event of dispute, the organiser's decision shall be final.
I still have a question that has not been answered in your FAQs. How can I contact your Support Team?
If you have any questions or queries then please feel free to reach out to one of our friendly advisors. You can do this by clicking on the little red icon on the bottom, right hand side of the AirAsiaRedTix.com website / by e-mail to email@example.com / submit your complain form https://bit.ly/2TLYt3T / contact us at +016-3623 768 (Monday – Friday, 10.00 am.- 6pm.)