Armour and Skin 2019
Under the direction of treasured Balinese musician and artist I Wayan Sudirana, as well as Malaysian writer, actor and director Ghafir Akhbar, the conversations between drumsticks and metal, song and drums, mallets and skin, body and soul, as well as artists and instruments are explored in Armour and Skin 2019.
The soothing calls of the Malay and Balinese gamelans coax responses from the Chinese drums and vice versa, striking a lively varying toned conversation of metallic and deep timbre sounds. Like armour and skin, these two instruments move over the same contour. Both echo, and in both instances, accurate damping of the instrument is crucial for desired effect. Artists and instruments awaken, embracing the spirit of the arts, the natural inner essence of an individual. The Balinese believe that it is this spirit (an ancient Balinese concept), along with a little divine inspiration that motivates an artist to greater heights.
Presented by HANDS Percussion and Gamelan Yuganada, Armour and Skin 2019 is a celebration of our inner spirits, instruments and music, as well as the magic that happens when everything, even discord seems to fall in place for a single purpose - hope.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|CAT A||Standard||RM 40||RM 32|
|Consession||RM 25||RM 20|
|Group of 4||RM 120|
|CAT B||Standard||RM 50||RM 40|
|Consession||RM 35||RM 28|
|Group of 4||RM 150|
|CAT C||Standard||RM 80||RM 64|
|Consession||RM 65||RM 52|
|Group of 4||RM 240|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
- Admission age limit 7 years and above.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 7 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.