Doves, a symbol of peace, clash with humans, as species and cultures mix together. BIRD, created in artistic collaboration between visual theatre company WHS from Finland and Pichet Klunchun Dance Company from Thailand, approaches human society from the perspective of birds.
We think our homes are as safe as bird nests, free from all threats luring on the streets of a city. Countries close their borders, hoping to create a safe ‘nest’ for their citizens, but are we really inside or outside of the pretty little birdcage? The cage may eventually become a prison with security guards at all exits and entrances.
On stage, the audience will see the performers being confined in a birdcage, yet teaching fake birds to fly. Liberating birds from a cage and letting them fly freely is thought to be a good deed, but for some people to set birds free, someone is taking them captive. Or is it perhaps the audience that is in the cage?
This performance is choreographed by Pichet Klunchun. Director Ville Walo quotes the words of the ancient Greek play Birds by Aristophanes to let the audience know that if anyone is keeping birds in cages, they, in turn, will be arrested by the birds, tied up and forced to work as decoys.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 40||RM 32|
|Concession||RM 25||RM 20|
|Group of 4||RM 120|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 12 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.