Great New World - From Free Port to World Heritage Site
What was Penang’s cultural history? How does this help us to understand the role that visual and performing arts play in Penang’s society today? What is the future we want to imagine for Penang’s art scene? Great New World is a one-day symposium with the aim to discover the world narratives that can be told from Penang. It is a ground-up initiative to discover Penang’s art historical consciousness over a series of presentations and conversations.
The symposium provides a loosely chronological overview of Penang’s art history in order to ask what new areas and frameworks of research can help enrich our understanding of Penang’s artistic past, present and future. Invited speakers will survey current scholarship on Penang’s art history as well as identifying knowledge gaps and prompt possible directions for future scholarship.
For the longest time, the art history of Malaysia has always focused on Kuala Lumpur as the centre of activity. Join us on this occasion as we decenter this commonplace narrative, to discover what we can learn about Penang’s artistic past, in order to understand what is happening in Penang today, so that we can begin to recognise new horizons for Penang’s artistic future.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 30||RM 24|
|Concession||RM 20||RM 16|
|Group of 4||RM 90|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
- Admission age limit 12 years and above.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 12 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.