HAKANAÏ by Adrien M & Claire B
Powerful choreography of a human’s existence and condition between dreams and reality.
Hakanai is a solo choreographic performance that unfolds through a series of images in motion. In Japanese Hakanai denotes that which is temporary and fragile, evanescent and transient, and in this case something set between dreams and reality.
While widely associated with nature, the term is now often used to elicit an intangible aspect of the human condition and its precariousness. It encompasses two elements: that concerning the human being as well as that related to dreams.
This symbolic relationship is the foundation of the dance composition in which a dancer gives life to a space somewhere between the borders of imagination and reality, through her interactions with the images she encounters. The images are on-stage animations that move in physical patterns according to the rhythm of the live sounds that they follow. The performance's outcome is the revelation of a digital installation to its audience.
Note : Hakanaï is best recommended for ages 10 and above
Photo by: Romain Etienne & Virginie Serneels
“In a delicate dance between human effort and technology, Hakanaï uses technology to poetic effect.” - Dedece Blog.
“The mood of the piece ranged from spine-tinglingly haunting, with spare, echoey guitar strumming, to stark and hard-lined, with a roof-shaking beat pulsing while bars flashed up and over the dancer.” - The Georgia Straight.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird Price
(29 May - 28 June 2017)
|Senior Citizen &
|Student||RM 25||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Normal||RM 100||RM 70||RM 50|
- Students and senior citizen ticket holders are obliged to present proof of identification at the door.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed admission, but recommended for 10 years and over.
Late Seating Policy
- Latecomers will not be seated once the performance has begun. No refunds will be made for patrons arriving late.
- If you must leave the performance at any time once it has begun, you will not be re-admitted until an appropriate break.
- No photography, video recording and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Prices shown include RM4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee.
- Subject to 6% GST and credit card charges.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 per event applicable for Internet purchase.
- RM5.00 reprint fee applicable if the online ticket purchaser fail to present the e-ticket for redemption on the event day.
- Strictly no replacement for missing tickets and cancellation.
- Online ticket selling will close 2 days prior to event day, subject to availability.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.