It’s the late ‘60s - Kampong Chempedak was once a thriving and busy village but is now quiet. The younger or better well off families have moved to the new housing estates. All that remain are a handful of senior citizens. The day comes when they are all asked to move out and live in flats. Many want to leave the kampong (village) for new and better surroundings, but one or two find it hard to leave their old life.
Presented by The Glowers Drama Group from Singapore, Kampong Chempedak features senior citizens aged between 67 and 73 years old, reliving their memories of former kampong (village) days through a multilingual play which is performed in Cantonese, Teochew, Hokkien, Khek, Mandarin and English.
Having performed at the Silver Arts Festival 2016 and in 2018 at the World Gold Theater Festival in Saitama, Japan to critical acclaim, Kampong Chempedak is bringing their stirring theatrical performance to Penang, for the first time.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 50||RM 40|
|Concession||RM 35||RM 28|
|Group of 4||RM 150|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 7 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.