Screaming in Silence
From the award-winning professional writer and director Saleh Sepas, Screaming in Silence is a Theatre of the Oppressed presented by Parastoo Theatre Team, a group of Afghan refugees who are based in Malaysia.
With the sound purpose of raising awareness about the issue of child marriage in Afghanistan, the play which is set in an Afghan village portrays the life of a young girl who is forced into marriage with a much older man by her father and by the whole community around her. She tries to fight for her freedom, but to no avail ultimately.
Through Screaming in Silence, Saleh Sepas wants to give his audience a full picture of the real-life situation faced by women and girls in Afghanistan who do not have any power and an effective tool to escape from their oppression in Afghanistan. Meanwhile, he wishes to provide the immigrants with a platform to voice their fears and frustrations as well as cultivating their talents, which is why he came about forming the Afghan refugee Parastoo Theatre.
|Category||Normal Price||Early Bird
(ends 30th Jun 11.59pm)
|Standard||RM 50||RM 40|
|Concession||RM 35||RM 28|
|Group of 4||RM 150|
- Price shown is inclusive of RM 4.00 AirAsiaRedTix fee and will be borne by the organiser.
- Transaction fee of RM8.00 will be applied for online purchase.
- Reprint fee of RM5.00 will be applied if the online ticket purchaser fails to present the e-ticket for redemption on the day of the show.
- No replacement will be made for lost ticket(s) or cancellation.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise.
- Online ticket sales will close 1 day prior to the day of the show, subject to availability.
Terms & Conditions
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Late arrival will result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the show, but admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 12 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography are allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
- Lost or damaged ticket(s) will not be entertained.
For enquiry only:
Email to email@example.com.